Entergy Mgr, IT- Program Management Office in New Orleans, Louisiana
Date: Apr 19, 2017
Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Primary Location: Louisiana-New Orleans
Job Function :Information Technology
MRV Minimum Salary :$107,000.00
MRV Maximum Salary :$161,000.00
FLSA Status :Professional
Relocation Option: Approved in accordance with the Entergy guidelines
Union description/code :NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings :1.00
Req ID: 70306
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
The Manager - IT Program Management Office is responsible for managing the IT Program Management Office which defines and manages the governance processes to plan, track, and align work efforts across all IT initiatives. The role will manage the development and implementation of the PMO strategy and institutionalize a consistent project life cycle methodology. The Manager will establish project portfolio status reporting standards, metrics, and calculations and will oversee reporting out to IT Leadership and project teams. Additional responsibilities include implementing tools to manage robust integrated schedules and resource management processes across the organization. This is a highly visible position involving regular collaboration with the CIO, IT senior leadership and project stakeholders.
• Developing and driving adoption of project governance strategies through the establishment of comprehensive project management standards.
• Drive toward consistency, quality and continuous improvement of the PMO services and tools.
• Oversee the implementation and usage of tools for schedule, resource, time, portfolio and project management.
• Directs the development and deployment of project delivery guidelines, standards, procedures, templates, leading practices, tools and training.
• Provide strong leadership, guidance, coaching, and support to project and program managers.
• Assist with prioritizing projects based on company objectives dealing with changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies.
• Ensure all projects are well defined, planned, and resourced to deliver per schedule of the overall program timeline. Drives a culture of urgency, on-time, on-budget and in-scope project delivery.
• Provide visibility to project status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics).
• Responsible for compliance on all strategic project execution to ensure successful delivery to meet the performance objectives; in conjunction with corporate and functional Program Management Offices.
• Centralized and decentralized resource management, capacity and demand planning, and reporting for full cycle planning and resource management.
• Manage daily PMO operations.
• Communicates status of the project and program portfolio to all related stakeholders to secure continuous organizational commitment and provide centralized reporting.
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
Minimum experience required of the position
At least 8+ years managing IT operations and vendor relationships.
10+ years of experience managing IT application software, custom development, or infrastructure projects using SDLC techniques (e.g. Waterfall, Agile).
5+ years leading and/or establishing experience with an IT Program Management Office.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Working knowledge and experience managing and negotiating with IT suppliers. Working knowledge of Finance and Sourcing standards and methodologies. Working knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g., PMBOK). Ability to lead using informal authority to driver organizational objectives. Ability to manage team of diverse staff (project management, finance, vendor management). Holds a deep understanding of Entergy's financial processes, tools, policies, and organization. Is able to 'speak both languages' of IT and finance/accounting and is able to translate needs of both departments to the other by communicating using appropriate and meaningful terms.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
• MS-Project Server experience (version 2010+) or comparable solutions.
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to effectively present to senior leadership in both IT and the business.
• Excellent organizational skills and experience working under pressure and deadlines.
• Experience managing project portfolios, budgets and decentralized resources to execute project goals.
• Knowledge of financial forecasting and variance reporting.
• High degree of competency in project/program management including business analysis, planning, dependency/milestone tracking, risk identification, and status communication.
• PMP, Agile or Scrum certifications a plus.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests , Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Job Segment: Manager, Program Manager, Testing, Business Analyst, Demand Planner, Management, Technology, Operations