Entergy Designer-Technical Spec IV (Nuc) in Jackson, Mississippi
Designer-Technical Spec IV (Nuc)
Apply now »
Date: May 13, 2019
Location: Jackson, MS, US
Design Engineering provides high quality, cost effective, on schedule design services for the Entergy Nuclear Fleet. Design Projects is responsible for providing requested modification packages to the Nuclear Fleet. Modification design control is maintained through effective configuration management of design output documents (e.g., specifications, calculations, drawings, test requirements and procedures).
• Coordinates execution of work assignments with respect to design approach, schedules, standards, budgets, and procedures to meet client scope of work requirements. Provides manpower estimates as required.
• Ensures compliance with required specifications, tolerances, safety factors, and industry codes, as well as client requirements and company standards.
• Provides technical guidance to project design team in completing the most complex and difficult designs and layouts for complete systems and components of a project. Assignments typically involve design elements for which there may be no clearly established precedents and require anticipation of problems at the outset in order to provide appropriate solutions.
• Performs interdisciplinary reviews and provides coordination of data to ensure a compatible design.
• Understands and applies commonly used company design standards and methods. Provides input to the establishment or revision of guidelines and standards.
• Collaborates with Engineers and other engineering disciplines to ensure quality of design.
• Reviews supplier data and supplier/manufacturer drawings, as required.
May train lower-level Designers in various procedures.
• Advanced and current working knowledge of MicroStation or AutoCAD 2015 or higher.
• Excellent organizational, design and drafting skills.
• Ability to develop, understand, and review engineering drawings.
• Must be able to communicate and interact with engineers to provide design solutions.
• Maintain an excellent and up-to-date grasp of engineering & design principles.
• Works with other disciplines and contractors to develop design documents.
Minimum education required of the position
• Associate’s degree in technology, engineering, or other scientific discipline generally associated with power plant operations or equivalent from an accredited institution, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with mechanical, piping, and civil discipline drawing creation and modifications.
• Desired: Bachelor’s degree in technology, engineering, or other scientific discipline generally associated with power plant operations or equivalent from an ABET accredited institution
Minimum experience required of the position
.• Tech Spec IV: 6+ years commercial or military nuclear experience, twelve years experience without degree.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
• Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation.
• Desired: Familiar with industry recognized root cause analysis methods and techniques; Working knowledge of standard MS Office applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word).
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position:
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson
Job Function :Engineering
FLSA Status :Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code :NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings :1
Req ID: 86955
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Nearest Major Market: Jackson Mississippi
Job Segment: Engineer, Drafting, Power Plant Operator, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear, Engineering, Energy
Apply now »