Entergy Project Analyst Technical Spec III- IV (Nuc) in Jackson, Mississippi
Date: Sep 6, 2019
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States
• Act as Project Analyst as assigned to support the scheduling, budgeting, tracking, and reporting of projects performed by the Design Projects Engineering organization.
• To serve as an interface between the Design Projects Project Support/Controls group and Lead Engineering Supervisors for Design Projects Engineering.
• Coordinating communication of Budget/Schedule impacts to and from applicable stakeholders.
• Analysis of Project progress against milestone schedule and approved budgets.
• Support internal project audits as needed.
• Proposes project changes which improve efficiency and safety.
• Develop and maintain tools to improve the efficiency of performing project work.
• Provide feedback for tool/process improvements.
Minimum education required of the position
• Desired: B.S. Degree in Engineering or other scientific discipline generally associated with power plant operations or equivalent, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum experience required of the position
• Technical Specialist III – 4 years relevant experience w/degree. 8 years relevant experience without degree.
• Technical Specialist IV - Six years relevant experience w/degree. Twelve years relevant experience w/o degree.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
• Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation. Desired: outstanding communication, conflict management, and change management skills. Proficiency with current computer business applications.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
• Desired: SRO License or certification.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests , Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson
Job Function :Engineering
FLSA Status :Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code :NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings :1
Req ID: 88049
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Job Segment: Engineer, Nuclear, Power Plant Operator, Nuclear Engineering, Change Management, Engineering, Energy, Management