Entergy Project Manager, Sr (Nuc) in Jackson, Mississippi
Date: Mar 17, 2020
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States
This position is responsible for the governance and oversight related to all facets of Entergy's Project Implementation for Segment 1 & 2 Projects and the use of Entergy’s Maintenance and Modifications Contractor (MMC). This includes ownership of any applicable procedures and processes and report to Project & Maintenance Services CFAM for all activities.
• Provide governance and oversight of Entergy Nuclear sites Project Implementation for Segment 1 & 2 Projects in accordance with the procedures and processes established by Entergy Corporate through site visits, outage assessments, and project readiness evaluations.
• Oversees procedures and documentation which govern and control project activities.
• Proposes project changes which improve efficiency and safety. Interfaces with regulatory and industry representatives on behalf of project activities. Communicates technical information, concepts, and ideas verbally and in writing.
• Evaluate actual performance thru assessment and onsite evaluations. Where fleet standards, process improvements or initiatives are not being implemented at the highest level, work with the appropriate leadership (Alliance Partner/Entergy) to gain resolution.
• Conduct lessons learned and / or pre-post outage challenge review meetings and conduct (as required) frequent phone calls with the Alliance Project Manager on the status of all Entergy Nuclear Deliverables.
• Perform CFAM related activities as required by Corporate Recovery Plans, Nuclear Sustainability Plan, and Site Recovery Plans.
Minimum education required of the position
B.S. degree in Engineering, Science, or a related discipline or equivalent experience. (Equivalent experience is defined as demonstrated success at the Project Manager level. An Engineering degree, Project Management Professional Certification, SRO license or BWR / PWR certification is preferred. A PMP certification or ability to obtain certification is strongly preferred.)
Minimum experience required of the position
10 years experience in nuclear power design, construction, maintenance, operations, Production, or equivalent
5 years experience in project management (desired)
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Technical proficiency in project management. Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation. Outstanding communication, conflict management, and change management skills. Proficiency with current computer business applications.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Desired: Project Management Professional Certification, Professional engineering license, SRO License or certification on a BWR or PWR.
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson
Job Function : Nuclear
FLSA Status : Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code : NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings : 1
Req ID: 95342
Travel Percentage :25% to 50%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Engineer, Law, Manager, Nuclear Engineering, Technology, Engineering, Legal, Management