Entergy IT Consultant (Cisco/Webex) in New Orleans, Louisiana
IT Consultant (Cisco/Webex)
Apply now »
Date: Aug 17, 2018
Location: New Orleans, LA, US
This position will be filled as an IT Consultant - Solution Oper.
Responsible for the design, implementation, management, and support of our unified communication portfolio. Currently, this consists of Cisco Telepresence, WebEx, & Jabber. New products to be supported may include Cisco/Vbrick, Spark, Qumu, and others TBD. Stay current on enterprise UC application and hardware roadmaps and strategies. Champion new products, features, version updates, etc., as appropriate for the environment. Assist in the piloting and testing of new services and functionality designed to improve employee efficiency, engagement, maintain compliance, and extend business capabilities. Act as a liaison, advisor, and engineer for all projects with a unified communications component.
· Manage & administer the company’s UC support infrastructure
· Leverage vendor partners where appropriate to best accomplish the necessary tasks
· Track usage and terms of UC-related software licenses and support contracts with Cisco and related vendors
· Act as point of contact for customers wishing to add UC capabilities to conference rooms or facilities
· Develop standard equipment lists, generate price quotes, purchase equipment as needed
Collaborate and Communication:
· Open and track support tickets with Cisco TAC and third-party vendors
· Work with other IT/Infrastructure team members and vendors to develop, design, and implement projects and associated scope of work as it relates to UC, following established change management processes and appropriately managing related outage windows
End User Support:
· Set up new users, accounts, and endpoints
· Provide training and advocacy to drive end-user adoption
· Assist Service Desk and Field Services teams in troubleshooting issues with UC hardware/software
· Provide level 2/3 end user support
· Provide after-hours support as needed
Planning and Forecasting:
· Work with the Build team to design and deploy new UC applications and features in response to customer needs, adhering to established Change Request processes
· Maintain and publish inventory of UC equipment & Telepresence locations
· Track capacity and utilization of UC environment; make timely recommendations regarding best utilization of our resources
· Document UC equipment & processes
· Provide support to other Infrastructure personnel with thorough documentation of all equipment, processes, and training
· Create and maintain effective documentation and KB articles to drive support toward Tier 0/1
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum experience required of the position
5+ years of end user infrastructure experience (desktop, laptop and user applications)
Desired: Experience with automation, utilizing scripting tools, such as VB Script, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other scripting language.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Strong working knowledge of infrastructure and software development lifecycle and methodologies, knowledge of all areas of the end user platforms listed above.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization. Ability to lead using informal authority to drive organizational objectives (internal and external resources).
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
ITIL Certification preferred
Primary Location: Louisiana-New Orleans
Job Function :Information Technology
FLSA Status :Professional
Relocation Option: Not approved
Union description/code :NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings :1
Req ID: 79583
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Cisco, Service Desk, Testing, Contract, Technology, Customer Service
Apply now »