Entergy Operations Coordinator (Vegetation) in Port Arthur, Texas
Date: Oct 8, 2019
Location: Port Arthur, Texas, United States
This posting is scheduled to close on 10/16/2019.
This position may be located in Orange or Port Arthur, Texas.
· Safely perform functions of the Operations Coordinator in the Vegetation Management group as follows:
· Schedule, assign, and monitor work of contract vegetation crews to Entergy vegetation maintenance, commitment, and safety specifications,
· Work with Engineering and Line Department in planning new construction,
· Develop, maintain, and implement yearly maintenance plan for assigned areas,
· Perform field and accounting audits of contractor invoices. Be accountable for accuracy of contractor billing,
· Manage annual trimming budget for assigned areas,
· Contract Management including oversight of multiple contract projects, bidding procedures and analysis simultaneously with minimal direct supervision,
· Monitor reliability and implement improvement plans in assigned areas,
· Coordinate contract crews during emergency restoration,
· Positive customer service attitude in dealing with internal and external customers,
· Respond to all customer vegetation issues in accordance to the Customer Issue Resolution (CIR) process,
· Use of excellent communication and customer relations skills to maximize positive customer experience.
· Conflict mitigation
· Effectively communicate plan and status of all projects to internal customers,
· Participate in external customer communication and educational programs,
· Develop and promote strong safety leadership with co-workers and assigned contract workforce,
· Electric utility experience of safety processes, regulations & procedures (incl. Job Safety Analysis/Tailboards),
· Participate in core process improvement teams as required,
· Performance of all job duties within Entergy safety rules and guidelines,
· Use of Microsoft applications and Entergy applications to perform, track and document work,
Please submit a detailed resume in your application.
· Bachelor's degree (Forestry or related field and 2+ years utility vegetation management experience desired) OR 5+ years utility vegetation management / utility line management experience Desired,
· Proven safe work and driving record
· Must be able to work after hours and perform On Call duties and/or assist in storm restoration in other jurisdictions if needed.
· Physically able to work long and unusual hours and perform all job duties within Entergy safety rules and guidelines.
· Experience in Contract Management including oversight of multiple contracting teams, bidding procedures and analysis, and conflict management,
· Good PC Skills in Microsoft toolkit and corporate business applications,
· Good organizational skills/ability to manage multiple projects within deadlines,
· Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems, work procedures &/or maintenance operations,
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direct supervision,
· Excellent communication & customer relations skills,
· Have or ability to obtain line clearance order certification,
· Distribution system map reading abilities.
Desired Qualification: To Be Obtained within 2 Years of Hire
· FEMA Emergency Management Institute - Incident Training (System Outage Response):
· Pesticide License with TX Dept. of Ag & Forestry,
· Certified Arborist ( International Society of Arboriculture).
Primary Location: Texas-Port Arthur
Job Function :Professional
FLSA Status :Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code :NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings :1
Req ID: 89062
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Contract Manager, Operations, Engineering, Legal