Entergy Student, Intern-Engineering Summer 2020 GGNS in Port Gibson, Mississippi
Date: Oct 3, 2019
Location: Port Gibson, Mississippi, United States
Summer 2020 Intern - Engineering - located at Grand Gulf Nuclear Station in Port Gibson, MS.
This position is responsible for providing assistance to and supporting Nuclear Operations - Engineering. The intern will be a temporarily employed full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning, who is in a work-study program designed to give college students practical work experience in their field of study.
· Develop elements of design change packages with supervisory oversight
· Perform engineering calculations within established standards and procedures
· Perform evaluations of fuel cycle design
· Investigate corrective actions for operating problems
· Perform calculations on plant capability and efficiency improvement
· Testing instrumentation/equipment malfunction
· Evaluate plant equipment responses to transients
· Determine appropriate materials for specific applications
· Establish standard designs, drawings, reference files and/or cost data
· Conduct transient and dynamic stability studies
· Prepare engineering specifications for purchases
· Monitor plant system performance and provide support of operations and maintenance activities
Minimum education required of the position
Pursuing a BS in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Nuclear Engineering from a 4 year accredited University/College. GPA 3.0 or above.
Minimum experience required of the position
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Computer skills: familiar with various databases, as well as Windows environment and Microsoft toolkit (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint).
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Primary Location: Mississippi-Port Gibson
Job Function : Students / Early Careers
MRV Minimum Salary : 0.000000000000000
MRV Maximum Salary : 0.000000000000000
FLSA Status : Nonexempt
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code : NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings : 1
Req ID: 89018
Hiring Manager: Brian Paul Gary
Recruiter : Kathleen Keen-Redding
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.
Job Segment: Intern, Part Time, Seasonal, Engineer, Electrical, Entry Level, Retail, Engineering