Entergy Supervisor, Reactor Engineering in Port Gibson, Mississippi
Supervisor, Reactor Engineering
Date: Jan 23, 2023
Location: Port Gibson, Mississippi, United States
Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Onsite
Legal Entity: Entergy Operations, Inc.-EOI
Job Title: Supervisor, Reactor Engineering
Job Code: E8278
Business Function: NUC
ANSI Requirements: Y
Oversee the performance of engineering functions on a group level to support the safe and efficient generation of electricity using nuclear power.
1. Manage engineering work assignments to ensure the group is responding appropriately to department and organizational needs. Control engineering cost through maximization of staff productivity and tracking expenditures within budget parameters.
2. Monitor personnel and group effectiveness in achieving established goals. Function as a team leader as needed. Supervise personnel performance and resolve employee conflict or concerns. Supervise personnel performance and resolve employee conflict or concerns.
3. Communicate with all levels of the organization including representing the department at all meetings. Propose process and design changes that improve station and personnel efficiency.
4. Ensure all activities are performed within regulatory and procedural guidelines.
5. Interface with other Entergy sites to implement best practices in a standardized approach. Interface with regulatory and industry representatives on behalf of station activities.
6. Communicate technical information, concepts, and ideas verbally and in writing.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering.
- 5 years experience in nuclear power design, construction, maintenance, operations, production, or equivalent. 3 years experience in the engineering department (desired).
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical proficiency in the assigned area. Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation. Good communication, conflict management, and change management skills (desired).
- "ANSI/ANS-3. 1-1978 - 4.4.1 - 4.4 Professional-Technical The on-site professional-technical groups shall include individuals (group leaders) with the following qualifications in the indicated disciplines. A single individual may be qualified and perform in more than one discipline. Suitable organizational depth shall exist to provide for an absence of the principal. Reactor Engineering. At the time of initial core loading or appointment to the position, whichever is later, the responsible person shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or the Physical Sciences and four years experience or a graduate degree and three years experience. Two of these years shall be nuclear power plant experience. The experience shall be in such areas as reactor physics, core measurements, core heat transfer, and core physics testing programs. Successful completion of a reactor engineering training program (such as the 12 week concentrated programs offered by NSS Vendors) may be equivalent to one year’s nuclear power plant experience."
Required Certifications and Licenses:
- Candidates must meet or exceed ANSI/ANS 3.1-1978. ANSI Section 4.4.1 - Reactor Engineering. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or the Physical Sciences. 4 years' experience in such areas as reactor physics, core measurements, core heat transfer, and core physical testing programs, of which 2 years must be at a nuclear power plant. Or, graduate degree and 3 years' experience as referenced above. Successful completion of a reactor engineering training program (e.g. the 12 week concentrated program offered by NSSS vendors) may be equivalent to one year's nuclear power plant experience. Desired: SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR; Professional Engineering license.
Primary Location: Mississippi-Port Gibson Mississippi : Port Gibson
Job Function :Engineering
FLSA Status :Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code :NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings :1
Req ID: 110391
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please clickhere (https://jobs.entergy.com/content/EEO/?locale=en_US) to navigate to EEO page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click here (email@example.com?subject=Accessibility) and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/manual/fccm/2l-equal-opportunity-clauses-and-other-requirements/2l00-equal-opportunity) and Pay Transparency (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency Notice:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (dol.gov) (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and Pre-employment Testing: of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests , numberLogon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words). Travel expenses incurred in connection with EEI testing are non-reimbursable.
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Job Segment: Nuclear Engineering, Power Plant Operator, Thermal Engineering, Power Plant, Engineering Manager, Engineering, Energy