Entergy Engineer, II - Sr (Nuc) in St. Francisville, Louisiana
Engineer, II - Sr (Nuc)
Apply now »
Date: Apr 17, 2019
Location: St. Francisville, LA, US
This position will be filled as Engineer II, III or Sr, depending on level of experience.
Responsible for providing technical leadership for the site through optimization and reliability of plant systems, equipment and components, proactive identification and resolution of plant issues, and technical assistance to the Operations and Maintenance departments. Provides technical support related to plant systems. Focuses on supporting day-to-day issues as well as maintaining related systems and programs. Technical authority of all assigned systems providing systematic input and reviews of Design Changes for the plant.
· Maintains strong system ownership / engagement / advocacy / prioritization for deficiency resolution leading to high levels of equipment reliability.
· Maintains System performance monitoring, including but not limited to trending, system walk downs, and system health for assigned systems.
· Maintains Maintenance Rule (MRule) determinations of related systems and components.
· Uses and shares Operating Experience (EN Fleet and industry).
· Assists with planning and prioritizing long-range planning and life-cycle management.
· Assists with establishing and prioritizing action plans to address deficiencies on assigned systems via the corrective action and work management processes.
· Interfaces with Maintenance and Operations for cost effective maintenance strategies on assigned systems.
· Supports Maintenance and Operations in system troubleshooting and provides troubleshooting expertise for significant events or complex plant problems.
· Supports changes in assigned system configuration and design.
· Helps develop engineering products in accordance with defined standards and procedures.
· Advocates appropriate online and outage work scope prioritization, including PM implementation for improving systems reliability.
· Participates in project teams for critical online system outages and refueling outages.
· Serves on outage engineering support teams as assigned.
· Attends training and maintains qualifications necessary to perform required group functions.
· Maintains system related information in a manner that readily supports turnover.
Minimum education required of the position
B.S. Degree in Engineering or other closely related scientific discipline or equivalent work experience (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer or technical specialist level.)
Minimum experience required of the position
Engineer II: 2-4 years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent experience depending upon engineering level.
Engineer III :4-6 years experience in nuclear power design, operations or equivalent experience depending upon engineering level.
Engineer Sr: 6+ years experience in nuclear power design, operations or equivalent experience depending upon engineering level.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Good to excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience. Proficiency in PC use and associated applications.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Desired: SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR; Professional Engineering license.
Primary Location: Louisiana-St. Francisville
Job Function :Engineering
FLSA Status :Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code :NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings :1
Req ID: 85576
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Nearest Major Market: Baton Rouge
Job Segment: Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear, Technical Support, Engineering, Energy, Technology
Apply now »