Entergy Product Manager in The Woodlands, Texas
Date: Jan 24, 2023
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
At Entergy, we’ve been planning for the future for more than 100 years. We’ve experienced a lot of change, generating power first from sawdust to now splitting atoms, harnessing sunlight and using abundant, clean and efficient natural gas.
We are on the verge of a monumental technology convergence, where reality swiftly catches up to possibility. The utility of the future does much more than keep the lights on and the gas flowing. It’s knowledgeable and skillful workforce will solve challenges and fuel a brighter, smarter, more prosperous future for everyone.
Having the lowest retail electricity rates of any utility in the United States drives economic growth within Entergy’s region, a key ingredient to sustained growth for any utility. We believe a diverse team, committed to personal and professional growth, is critical to our success. We place a high priority on developing talent to meet current and future needs, creating the environment for employees to grow their careers their way.
This position will be filled as a Product Manger I-II depending on relevant experience.
This position will be a hybrid role and preferably located in New Orleans, LA, but any candidates within Entergy’s Service Territory may be considered (Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas).
KeyString Labs is the innovation hub of Entergy, a Fortune 500 Company. The KeyString Labs (KSL) team is comprised of technology experts, utility professionals, product designers and innovative thought leaders. We act as a catalyst for building new products and services, supporting internal & external innovation and transformation, and partnering in growing innovation and technology communities.
KSL’s primary focus is new product development of customer-centric solutions. Some of our new products and services include energy resiliency services utilizing grid-edge resources, community solar programs, shore power solutions, demand side management technologies, and much more.
Internally classified as “Product Manager,” The eMobility Product Manager is crucial to the overall success of KSL. eMobility products are an area of strategic importance for Entergy and key portfolio within Keystring Labs. Each day poses its own opportunities, to which the eMobility Product Manager thrives in assessing, building, developing and deploying customer-centric solutions. Responsibilities center around leading cross-functional teams to develop and deliver eMobility solutions centered around areas such as fleets, fast public charging, resiliency, medium- and heavy-duty vehicle on-road charging, and V2X. Product Managers also jump in to drive tactical and strategic innovation initiatives and projects across the Labs. In leveraging cloud-based tool sets, Product Managers create an action-based environment where teams can quickly iterate based on customer insights and organization goals.
Product Managers inspire teams across the organization to take an innovative approach to problem solving, through a build-test-deploy mindset and an agile innovation framework. Overall, product managers are leaders in innovation and customer engagement, foundational to KSL.
* eMobility New Product Development*
· Lead the development of an eMobility product through the KSL Innovation Framework; from early phase customer exploratory development, customer friction and opportunity identification and following through with concept and product development & delivery.
· Lead & support colleagues across various functions within one Product Team; Financial Analysis, Strategic Design, Regulatory, Technology, Product Design, Innovation Strategy & Customer Growth and Communications.
· Create, build, run and maintain the priorities and associated workflows (requirements and tasks) aligned in a single backlog, identifying and preparing for key innovation stage-gates, organizational milestones and product pitches to the Entergy Venture Board.
· Own the agile ceremonies within the Product Team, including, but not limited to: Daily Standups, release and sprint planning, team retrospectives, decision and risk registers, etc.
· Own and drive the formation of Product Team OKRs (Objectives & Key Results) and the associated evaluations of the team’s objectives as dynamic throughout the workflow.
· Drive the integration of data-based decision making throughout the product development process, from customer insight to opportunity area identification
· Lead the integration of technology, where appropriate, including the development of software prototypes and automation of Entergy systems to streamline product results.
· Lead partnerships inside of Entergy, specifically within the Engineering, Distribution and Regulatory organizations to problem-solve together on hardware and technical obstacles that may impact product success.
· Manage each project or product within business objectives, including; financial metrics, company-declared business goals and operating costs.
· Partner with the Strategic Design team to create strong customer-focus foundations, that evolve over the lifecycle of product development (qualitative & quantitative research)
· Serve as the expert in Product Development within the cross-functional team, but not without a growth mindset that encourages a learning culture throughout the organization.
· Serve as an expert on eMobility-related topics such as vehicles, applicable technologies, competitive landscape, forecasts, policies, regulations and government funding, and initiatives undertaken by others
Product Managers Are Passionate About:
· The Customer: Focused on customer-centricity in every concept or product delivery.
· Ways of Working: Leveraging virtual toolsets and agile frameworks to spin up teams and attack challenges.
· Team Success & Learning from Failures: Guiding Product Teams from the inception to product delivery or decommissioning, and leading retro-learning along the way
· Data-Based Decision Making: Learning, growing and using data to solve problems.
· How It Works: Curious on solution-driven thinking, whether a hardware or digital product, to understand how a solution can benefit customers and solve frictions.
· Real Collaboration: Driver of the Retrospective and leading team development.
· Integrating Innovation into Reality: Building bridges across the business and various organizations to bring innovation to life, no matter how high the barrier to success.
· Sharing the Knowledge Wealth: Serving as a facilitator, teacher, coach or even panel member or presenter on what it means to be a Product Manager.
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Preferred: Background in business, engineering
Minimum experience required of the position
2+ years of experience with real business impact required.
4+ years of experience with real business impact highly preferred.
· 2+ years in a product management role
· Experience in product development delivery from concept to launch phases, including financial or P&L management and go-to-market strategies
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
· Product management experience with ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines
· Business domain expertise, energy expertise, and/or transportation expertise
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively both to internal and external stakeholders
· Strong business knowledge of Agile frameworks and practices, and experience with working in an Agile organization
KSL Tech Stack:
· Microsoft suite
· Strong interest in electric vehicles and market transformation
· Innovative mindset. Knowledge and awareness of Agile and Scrum methodologies, with the ability to select and apply, as needed
· Willing to self-motivate, take initiative and creatively solve problems
· Results-oriented, diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
· Ability to embody the values and culture of the Agile methodology
· Demonstrated leadership in action
· Effective project and team management skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Self-motivated, have high integrity and credibility, and be able to work independently
· Must be flexible and have ability to interface with a diverse group of individuals, cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (including executives) of the organization, both internally and externally
· Excellent writing and presentation skills
Role Specific Keywords for the Product Manager :
Future of Mobility
Primary Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Job Function :Professional
FLSA Status :Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code :NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings :1
Req ID: 110356
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please clickhere (https://jobs.entergy.com/content/EEO/?locale=en_US) to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Job Segment: Product Manager, Sustainability, Product Development, Cloud, Marketing, Operations, Energy, Research, Technology