Entergy Digital I&C Engineer Sr-Sr Lead(Nuc) in United States
Digital I&C Engineer Sr-Sr Lead(Nuc)
Date: Sep 29, 2021
Legal Entity: Entergy Services, LLC
Posting End Date:
Design Projects provides high-quality, cost-effective, on schedule design services for the Entergy Nuclear Fleet. Design Projects is responsible for providing requested modification packages to the Nuclear Fleet. This position will be supporting the Digital Design Engineering effort of the Fleet. Modification design control is maintained through effective configuration management of design output documents (e.g., specifications, calculations, drawings, test requirements, and procedures).
• Prepare cost-effective modifications as assigned to improve plant performance and reliability.
• Prepare engineering products consistent with defined standards, procedures, and regulatory guidelines to ensure the site’s design and licensing basis is maintained
• Assist in the solutions to issues that impact safe, reliable operations and propose process changes that improve overall efficiency.
• Provide technical support to operations, maintenance, engineering, and other fleet organizations.
• Manage engineering work assignments to ensure the design service provided is meeting department and organizational needs.
• Communicate to all levels of the organization, verbally and in writing, technical information, concepts, and ideas throughout the engineering product development.
• Attend training and maintain the qualifications necessary to perform the required group functions.
• Aware of changes and advancements in the industry, and has developed industry wide expertise. Must understand how a utility interacts with outside regulatory agencies and utility groups. Familiar with budgets, costs, and policies.
•Ability to investigate problems that are not intuitive and develop solutions for non-routine problems. Handles a project from start to finish, with only major decisions being brought to Engineering Leadership.
•Strong project management skills are present. When given a leadership role, coordinates the activities of a functional team by creating project plans and schedules.
•Persuasive and have strong negotiating skills. Provides guidance, coaching and motivation to junior engineers. Strong mentor and change implementer
• Nuclear Power Plant Experience
• Industry Engineering Change Experience
• Digital I&C Experience
Minimum education required for the position
B.S. Degree in Engineering or another closely related scientific discipline/physical science generally associated with power plant operations or equivalent work experience (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer/technical specialist level.)
Desired B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience (equivalent experience is defined as demonstrated success at the Engineer / Technical Specialist level.)
Minimum experience required for the position
Engineer, Sr or Tech Specialist 4: 6+ years of experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level
Engineer, Sr Lead or Tech Specialist 5: 7+ years of experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
• Good to excellent communication, conflict management, and change management skills.
• Experience/proficiency in PC use and applications, depending upon the engineering level.
• Functional Knowledge - Requires understanding and application of procedures and concepts within I&C/Digital discipline and basic knowledge of other disciplines.
• Digital modification experience in commercial nuclear power (Hardware/software database point mapping, Requirement traceability, Software testing)
• Knowledgeable in application of EPRI 300201186 Digital Engineering Guide
• Aware of NISP-EN-04 Standard Digital Design Process
•Familiarity with Distributed Control Systems, HMI, and PLC applications implemented within Nuclear industry (Ovation, Common Q, etc)
•Familiarity with EMI/RFI evaluation and analysis
•Familiarity with Cyber Security requirements and solutions in commercial nuclear power
•Experience with preparing and/or reviewing power plant electrical and/or I&C drawings, calculations and equipment specifications.
•Familiarity with instrument specifications, instrument data sheets, calibration sheets
•Ability to read and interpret P&ID’s, schematics, ladder logic
•Understanding of license basis considerations (UFSAR, Technical Specifications) and regulatory requirements (e.g., Reg. Guide 1.97) as they intersect with instrumentation
• Perform 10CFR50.59 screenings and evaluations incorporating RIS 02-2022 Supplement 1 guidance
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Desired: Professional Engineering license and/or an SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson
Job Function : Engineering
FLSA Status : Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code : NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings : 1
Req ID: 103989
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please clickhere (https://jobs.entergy.com/content/EEO/?locale=en_US) to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.
Job Segment: Electrical, Engineer, Product Development, Nuclear Engineering, Power Plant Operator, Engineering, Research, Energy